* Help you solve an interesting problem about where, why or how you’re communicating.
* Help you figure out smarter ways to raise money.
* Organise over 1000 people to volunteer on one day.
* Write for The Spinoff.
* Coach the altMBA.
* Share stories that will make you smile and well up.
* Create, write or edit whatever copy you need.
* Communicate impact clearly.
* Run a meeting and get you out of there on time.
* Speak at your conference.
* Choose stories over data.
* Talk to your Board Chair as comfortably as a group of six-year-olds.
* Run three half-marathons in six months.
* Choose herbal tea over coffee, and red over white, every time.
* Qualify for Golden Key Society at the University of Canterbury.
* Live Below the Line.
* Survive a natural disaster.
* Bake copious amounts to relieve the stress of said disaster.
* Win a Golden Quill.
* Represent my country and place fifth in the world in something I love.
* Survive in the Easter Camp kitchen on Pie Day.
* Cook a meal with whatever’s in the pantry.
* Treasure a few, deep friendships.
* Jump in, even when it’s freezing.
* Feel more connected in a library or on a beach than in a church.
* Notice that the louder my Resistance is yelling, the more important the work is.
I have worked with the exceptionally talented and generous Susi and Douglas at Glass Tower, the passionate world-changers at GirlGuiding NZ HQ, and the brilliantly successful Ronald McDonald House South Island crew.
I’m now the Fundraising Manager at RMHSI, and lead an incredible team to raise much-needed funds to keep our doors open for families who have a child staying in Christchurch or Southland Hospital. In the four years I’ve been there, I have had a hand in raising over ten million dollars to make sure families can just focus on their child.
Each place has taught me more about my skills, my work ethic, my values, my intuition, and my goals for the future.
I view my work through the lens of this whakatauki (proverb):
E iti noa ana nā te aroha.
A small thing, given with love.
If you’re interested in what I know and would like to have a chat, flick me a message here.